Sunday, July 31, 2011

Would you watch a Liam Neeson movie marathon?


Made west, and made it back east. Undid 70 days of cycling in a matter of 4 hours by air. I learned on my flight that the skinny long haired Christian Bale is strikingly similar looking to Tom Cruise.
Riding down to the Pacific was amazing. We were greeted to a mob of strangers and family cheering and shouting for us as we rolled down to the beach. It is was all a complete blur to me from the run down to the beach to the rocky water we celebrated in. I get chills anytime I think of it. I find it hard to describe the feeling in words so I leave you with a couple of pictures that might scrape the surface.

We biked 3600 miles for affordable housing. We built for 13 days all across the country with Habitat for Humanity. And the word of charity was spread to the thousands of people we met on our trek. It was effective.

Amid our constant wheeling, each of us learned the past, presents, and futures of the 32 others on our team. They're stories and people I'll never forget.

Thank you to everyone who made this trip possible. Thanks to my friends and family for the donations and support. Thanks to all those who donated food and other products to us along the way. Thank you so much to all of our hosts for the hospitality, pot locks, and ground to sleep on. This trip would not be possible without out all ya'll.

"There are no ordinary moments."

Cheers,
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment