Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"I'm a straight shooter." -Dave of Memphis


We rolled into Memphis, Tennessee yesterday. We started the state of Tennessee in Gatlinberg about a week ago and find ourselves entering Arkansas tomorrow for a total of 2 states under our belt. A couple of us left Swanee the other day and took an accidental turn off the route and ended up at the bottom of a mountain 2 miles from crossing the Alabama state border. Thanks to the very generous Melinda, we hitched a ride back up the mountain in exchange for helping her unload her truck bed full of 2x4's. I been lacking on posts and pictures. The internet in Tennessee is on strike. To remedy this I'll just post as many pictures in this post as I can. -Roofing in Maryville. Colin's jean cutoffs




-After roofing in Maryville











-Somewhere in Tennessee
-Tennessee plagued me with a week full of flats and chain trouble
-Dunlap, TN. Stayed at the TN National Guard Armory
-Go to the Lemon Fair in Swanee, TN
-Poluski was a town of amazing hosts. Their Bike community washed each and every one of our bikes. Thanks yall
-Early morning ride out of Dunlap. Foggy and had an empty construction road to ride on
- Typical Ride
-Juan Valdez of the Coffee Club at Joe's Restaurant in Bolivar, TN.
Sorry for the terrible formatting. I had some trouble trying to figure it out but this is the best I could get.

Take Care Yall,
Pat

1 comment:

  1. I am thinking of you and fellow riders today, having learned the sad news from Rainsville. Be safe, and do good. -- The Lemon Fair lady

    ReplyDelete